Create a 36 frame hand (finger?) drawn animation on your iPhone or iPod Touch and bring life to those stickmen.
- Paint brush with adjustable size. Paint using a single touch. Tap the brush size button and set the brush size using two touches.
- Filled shape tool. Trace a shape on screen and it is painted using the current colour.
- An eraser, again with adjustable size.
- Undo and redo your miss painted or erased strokes.
- Zoom, move and rotate the frame using two touches. Position the draw area so it feels comfortable, get in close for detail work or zoom out for quickly filling areas. Double tapping the screen resets back to the default view.
- Pick the colour you want using HSV and RGB sliders.
- A colour pipette lets you pick a colour from the screen.
- Flicks are items that you can reuse in your flickbook. They have a hierarchical structure, being made from up to sixteen parts. This structure means that moving/rotating/scaling a part will cause any parts below it in the hierarchy to be similarly transformed.
Soundtracks and sound effects
- Build up a library of sound effects that you can use in your flickbook.
- Record sound effects on your device using its built-in microphone or a microphone peripheral.
Marker frames and Onion Skinning
- Onion skinning shows a faded version of other frames whilst drawing the current one.
- Configurable onion skinning of past and future frames. See what has been before and/or is to come to help make smooth animations.
- Set up to two marker frames, providing reference frames for an animation sequence and then playback only this range.
- Enable/disable onion skinning for your keyframes.
- Have up to two layers.
- Create animated, hand drawn layers or flicks layers.
- Flicks layers allow you to add flicks to your animations and then control them by setting keyframes and defining the paths they move along.
- Hide and disable onion skinning for layers, lets you concentrate on what you are currently doing.
- Timeline screen gives an overview of your flickbook making synchronising sound effects and the animation easy.
- Export your animations to your computer over wifi.